Friday, August 27, 2004

Tribute to My Best Friend

Chris and Geoff


(Written by Chris's Best Friend, Geoff Reimer of Nanaimo, BC, and read at the Funeral)

Chris was & will always be my life long friend.

Such friends are very hard to come by, so I am really going to miss him. I feel like a huge part of my heart was taken away when Chris was taken from us. But in a way I feel that Chris is at peace now. I'm sure he's upstairs arguing with his Dad right now!

Chris was, at times, a little lost in life, but he was making his way back to the Island, the place he loved. I know that he had plans of starting over & I was very much looking forward to that.

I think about having the chance to sit down and have a cool one with him, and talk about all of the good times we had together. I'll never forget the time our friend Steve & I rented some scooters and arrived at Chris' house. He jumped on one and drove it in the house, up and down the hallway.

Chris loved to live life on the wild side. He & I spent many a day jumping ferry waves in my little aluminum boat, or repelling off of cliffs… anything to get your heart racing. Or, we'd just play video games for hours on end.

There are endless stories of our adventures together, but it is now time to say good-bye...

Chris, you will always be in my heart, and I will always miss you.

No comments: