Thursday, January 25, 2018

I'm having a moment...

I was re-reading the words that my brother wrote in the card he sent to his best friend just before he died and noticed something that I hadn't noticed before.

My brother had written "Seems my other friends were right in calling me "Isakawuarte" (benevolent, mischievous, amoral, cunning, sly, resourceful, antagonistic and sometimes destructive). Yes, of all things I have been called or named, I like Isakawuate and it's meaning best."

I kept reading that word, "Isakawuate," over and over again.

At first I was trying to figure out what the word was as I believe my brother was spelling it how he had heard it as I can't find the original word. But then I just kept looking at it like my brain was trying to tell me to look harder. And then I saw it.

I don't know if this was intended or not (and I'm not sure of the protocol to ask something like this) but my brother's best friend named their baby Isak. Isakawuate. Isak. Isakawuate. Isak.

I can't love this enough.

No comments: